Angela R. Spears
I have always been fascinated by the law and medicine. Like many, my first exposure was as a child watching television and reading books. I loved stories with doctors and lawyers – from crime dramas to medical thrillers. I especially enjoyed those that combined both. The best part was seeing good triumph over evil in the end whether it was in the courtroom or the operating room.
As a child, I had the opportunity to be able to spend time volunteering at a nursing home where I grew up. My experience with the elderly there taught me lessons that I carry with me through my life. While getting my degrees in Law Enforcement and Political Science, I landed a job working in a hospital and got to see first-hand real medical drama unfold. I also earned my EMT certification. After a couple of years there, and after being encouraged by a lawyer I knew, I decided to go to law school where I graduated with honors.
From there, it was only natural for me to pursue a legal path that combined law and medicine. I have spent my career as a lawyer in civil litigation, much of my focus has been spent helping people injured as a result of the wrong-doing of others. I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to work on many different types of cases and help many different people – ranging from victims of nursing home abuse and neglect, medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents (inlcuding big trucks), and other types of catastrophic injuries.
As a lawyer, there is still nothing as rewarding as helping people fight and win their legal battles. I still find the law challenging and rewarding. I look forward to each new case and see it as an opportunity to help someone in need.
In addition to my bar admissions in the State of Texas, I have been admitted to practice on a pro hac vice basis in Alabama, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, California, and Virginia.
Areas of Practice
- Nursing Home Litigation
- Elder Law
- Healthcare Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Other Litigation Matters
- Texas, 1995
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1998
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2009
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2017
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. – 1994
- Honors: Dean’s List; AmJur Award for Research & Writing; Best Speaker Award, Mock Trial
- Lamar University, Beaumont, TexasB.S. – 1990, Political Science
- Lamar University, Beaumont, TexasA.S. – 1990, Law Enforcement
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Bar Association, Member, 1995 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Marian S. Rosen & Associates, Associate Attorney, 2003 – 2013
- Beers & Associates, Associate Attorney, 1998 – 2003