Call now for a free Evaluation.Click Here For Help

Who can request copies of a resident’s nursing home records?

The records of a resident who is still living may be requested by the resident or the person given authority to act for the resident under a medical power of attorney.  If the resident is deceased or incompetent, the request can be made by the authorized representative of the person’s estate.  In Texas,  if the person is deceased and no estate has been opened, the request may be made by a parent, spouse or adult child of the deceased when neglect is suspected.

Posted in: Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse FAQ