Call now for a free Evaluation.Click Here For Help

What can I do if I suspect Nursing Home abuse or neglect?

If your loved on is in danger, it is important to take action as soon as possible. If you are going to make a complaint, we always recommend being aware that if your loved one is still a resident, he or she can be subject to retaliation. You may need to move him or her to a new facility to get the care your loved one deserves. If your concern is more minor, you may try to address the concern with the doctor, director of nursing, or the administrator. We suggest you put your concerns in writing, in addition to any verbal conversations that take place. It is helpful to photograph when you can as this helps you show others what you are concerned about. You can also keep a detailed journal of conversations and meetings with staff and administrators to help you track their responses.

Posted in: Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse FAQ