Texas HHS (Health and Human Services) has announced one extra day for Houston residents still in need of assistance to apply for D-SNAP (Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program).
The only site open to apply on Friday will be the George R. Brown Convention Center (see address below).
The Brown Convention Center will be open today, Friday, October 6th from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m.
Residents who want to apply must be in line before 7 p.m.
According to Texas HHS:
- Be from a county that has been declared a federal disaster area*.
- Have experienced a loss of income, destruction of your home or a disaster-related expense, such as temporary shelter or home repairs.
- Not have been getting regular SNAP food benefits at the time of the disaster.
- Meet certain income limits.
To apply you’ll need to show:
- Proof of identity – Examples include a driver’s license or other government-issued ID
No additional extensions or phases of D-SNAP are being announced at this time.
George R. Brown Convention Center
1001 Avenida De Las Americas
Houston, TX 77010
*This location open Oct. 6.
Rosen & Spears is a plaintiff law firm which seeks to protect the rights of healthcare consumers and their loved ones through medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, financial abuse of seniors, and other types of claims. For more information, please contact us.